The Cutest Blog on the Block

Saturday, October 6, 2012

First Family Race

 Matt has been a runner his whole life.  I simply have not been.

I have run with Matt off and on throughout our marriage.  Our first real training and go of it took place in 2011 when we did the 4 man team Mud Run.  It was awesome but it wasn't as much running as it was obstacle course.  I have always wanted to do a road race with Matt and today  we did it!  We ran the sea world 10k in 57 minutes.  1st accomplishment in this journey is knowing that I can run  6.2 miles without stopping.  2nd accomplishment in this journey was learning that I can do it in 55 minutes.  Today though on race day we did it in 57.  I was a little disappointed in the time but it was a learning experience.  We did our first two miles each in 8 1/2 flat.  I was stoked.  We slowed a bit but maintained the momentum for the 3rd.  When we saw the 5 mile mark we tried to pick it up and there was the 6 mile mark and we began to sprint.  I don't know how they measure .2 miles but we both think they were mistaken.  It was the longest .2 miles ever.  I slowed down tremendously as I couldn't maintain the speed.  Matt was our pacer and time keeper.  He said we were on track to finish at 55 minutes until that little hiccup.  I am still proud of us.  It was awesome to run the finish line side by side.  Of course, Joshua was technically first since he had the hard job of occupying the stroller.
After the race we were able to stay and play at Sea World.  Joshua rode the Merry-Go-Round for the first time.  
 Crazy laugh just for the fan club I mean Grandmas and other family

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Way to go team Turek! That's extremely impressive! Way to go!

Nana Kacky said...

That crazy laugh cracks me up! I may have to keep that handy for those days when I need something to cheer me up!