Anyone that talks to me knows that I struggle to sustain conversation about much without a Joshua story sneaking in the conversation. What can I say? I love that guy!
Brag time:
He knows the name of the prophet who leads our church. He talks about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He loves to say prayers all by his self. He talks about the temple and Moroni on top complete with playing a trumpet to demonstrate.
He knows that he is loved. This week though when Matt fussed at him. He asks, "Dada, love me?" Boy, does he know how to try and get out of trouble.
Joshua knows all of his colors. He can count to 12 then skip a few and make it to 20. :-) He knows all of his shapes. He can spell stop and go. He knows most of the alphabet. He builds weapons out of legos and will say he is going to get you. Where did he learn this? He jumps off of everything these days. Terrifying! He likes to gallop around the house which is pretty cute to watch.
He loves music especially instruments. He creates pianos and drums out of random things including last week when he decided he wanted to play the "toe piano." I know my toes are long but that's just wrong Joshua. He does have a guitar and Matt has one as well. He enjoys playing both. He knows tons of songs but rarely sings. I get to hear him singing in the car if I'm ignoring him and he thinks he is in his own world back there. He requests songs all day and wants me to sing while he plays guitar and then he will mouth all of the words. Then when the song is over he asks, "Wanna clap." I am still trying to convince him to clap for me.
"Mommy, where are you I awake" is how I start everyday. It definitely brings a smile to my face. He isn't perfect. He has definite toddler moments but he recovers quickly. He is growing up so fast I am simply amazed at the vocabulary difference between 2 and now. I am able to actually visit with Joshua these days. I am thankful everyday for the opportunity I have to be Joshua's mom.
Okay, I promise there won't be another brag post for at least 2 more posts. :-)
3 comments:
It was fun to hear how grown up he is :) Such a smart cutie pie! I'm sure glad you're Joshua's mom too :) Thinking about you lots!
I just laughed out loud about the toe piano. That's funny! And that's really so great that he talks about Jesus and everything he's learned in church! What great parents you are...
I love the "brag post!" Such a good idea for a way to remember everything he is doing right now! That kid is gonna be so much farther than most kids in school...you're doing such a good job at teaching him!
Post a Comment