The Cutest Blog on the Block

Friday, July 6, 2012

Our week

Let's see Joshua ran a fever over 103 at the beginning of the week but with zero other symptoms aside from WHINY.  I was totally sympathetic because a fever that high you are going to feel bad.  As a result we were stuck at home most of the week and didn't get to play with our friends in addition to 4 am wake up calls because that seemed to be when the fever soared again.

On Thursday Matt and I stepped into the garage so I could show him something quickly.  We walked in and Joshua locked the door to the garage.  That's right....no phones, no keys, and our 2 year old is alone in the house.  We said a quick prayer and then nicely coaxed/begged Joshua to come and unlock the garage.  Thankfully, he was able to turn the lock the other way and the whole story was over in less than 5 minutes.

This afternoon Joshua opened all 4 drawers to my dresser which caused the whole thing to topple over.  (I know these things can/should be anchored to the wall but we never saw the need....)  I saw him reaching and pulling the final drawer open.  I told him to stop and he continued on his set path.  Frustrating.  Thankfully, again Joshua wasn't hurt.  However, my 2 jewelry boxes were on top of the dresser.  They crashed to the floor and I am still trying to find all of the matches to earrings throughout the drawers and scattered all over the bedroom.  He didn't take a nap today so he is a real peach right now.

Seriously, this has been a week.  I am happy that after I hit publish.  It is time to put him to bed.  Love him.  Really.  I do.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

The boys had that same weird high fever with no other symptoms but being whiny...so weird! Luckily it only lasted a day and a half for each of them! I hope next week is 10x's better!