The Cutest Blog on the Block

Monday, April 11, 2011

Vegas

Matt left us for a month to go to Nellis AFB and do family medicine there. He planned this trip because he thought he could use a refresher of general medicine since the last half of the 4th year has been pretty relaxed and mainly because Matt has a set of grandparents in Vegas along with several aunts, uncles, and cousins. Matt spent time out there without us and then we joined him for a period of time in the middle of his trip. It was nice to see family and meet/remeet many members of Matt's family. I of course also had fun introducing my little guy to everyone. Flying with Joshua was easy again or as easy as flying can be these days with security and an 11 month old.



We went to the Hoover Dam and saw the new bridge. Matt and I also went to see Lion King playing at Mandalay Bay. We had a family dinner at a favorite Mexican restaurant and a family dinner at our cousin Erin's house. I had fun during the day visiting with our gracious host, Aunt Kelly and my cousin Erin who is close to my age. Most days when she was visiting we had 4 boys under the age of 4 in our care. We are amazing. :-) She took us on outings to the park, Lake Las Vegas, picnics, Target, and other fun stay-at-home mom outings. It was a great trip but it certainly made the month of March disappear.

1 comment:

Melody said...

You were so close and you didn't come say hello? I only live about 1 1/2 hours from Vegas! I would have shown you around St. George! Oh well... Maybe next time! :)