I am glad that I came though because the Air Force is paying for the room, the car, and the food I just had to get myself here. Plus, it is always better when our whole family is together. We have also used this trip as a research trip since Matt may be assigned to do his residency here starting in 2011. We have found some parts away from the downtown area that would be really really nice to live in. These areas have their own grocery stores, shopping, and entertainment without ever having to really enter one of the treacherous loops. I am not from a big city nor have I ever lived in a big city so needless to say San Antonio has been a bit overwhelming to digest. There are a variety of people here from so many different cultures that it truly is a unique place.
We went to the Spanish Missions and I personally learned a lot and learned that there is large amount of history that I still need to learn.
We explored downtown. We could not get Joshua to look anywhere besides this fountain.
We enjoyed walking around Lackland, AFB.
More pictures from downtown. We don't have pictures but we explored the riverwalk, the market, la villita, and many other unique places. We ate food from a roadside stand and enjoyed random mariachi bands. There has been live music everywhere!
We spent the day at Sea World compliments of Sea World. I am such a kid. I loved seeing the dolphins and watching all of the shows. I pretended to show Joshua all of it too. :-)
We also ate lots of great food. I've had the best Mexican food of my life while I've been here. Pictured above is Joshua being posed next to a slice from our 42 inch pizza. We went to a local place that sports the largest pizza with some of the other medical students. Our pizza arrived and all of the sudden all of these strangers rushed our table and started taking pictures of our pizza and Joshua with our pizza. So if you see my child appear on any other blogs out there that's why.
4 comments:
Yikes! Definitely no calories in that meal ;) I'm so jealous of the Mexican food--looking forward to getting my fix in San Diego :)
Oh my gosh! That is too funny! I can't believe that pizza slice was bigger than Joshua!!! I'm still laughing. San Antonio looks like the place to be!!! I'd love all the live music! I hope you move there so we can come visit! Hope you survive hotel living. You "crazy lady." Ha! Ha!
that pizza pic is one to remember....chris and i lived in SA the 1st 3 years of our marriage and plan on retiring there...we know all the good, bad and ugly. please come to us if you have any questions on where to get a place to live, best food, etc. we got tons to share. i'm so jealous right now...there's no better place to be than TEXAS! (our opinion of course!) :)
Look at Joshua!!! He is so cute!
I am supposed to go to Tejas next year for my brother's wedding. Maybe we can learn some history too. =)
Post a Comment