The Cutest Blog on the Block
Friday, September 10, 2010
Baby plus plane= peaceful adventure (this time)
Saturday I flew with Joshua to meet up with Matt in San Antonio. I will admit that I was very nervous to fly solo with the little guy. Babies are unpredictable and I still break out in a nervous sweat when Joshua chooses to scream in public. Anyway, I could not have been more blessed. Joshua was mostly relaxed on the first flight and just kind of gave me that look of what are we doing mom. The second flight we had horrible seats because we were in the middle. I was dreading this flight the most. I had a man to my left and a woman to my right. Joshua was all smiles and the woman was instantly charmed. She commented that Joshua looked mainly like me not dad. Of course the man and I quickly explained that we were not together which would explain why Joshua didn't look like him at all. The woman told me she had 4 children and had traveled often when they were younger. She said if he screams the whole flight I'm fine. The man also turned out to be a father and reassured me as well. I felt a huge relief. However, I still started silently praying that their understanding ears would not be needed. Joshua started fussing...time for a bottle and we still were taxing around the airport. I fed him. He pooped and pooped some more. He is now covered and it is seeping through his clothes. Great. Well of course we are in the middle of take off and no one can get up yet. Finally, I'm allowed to get up and change him. Well Joshua loved the bathroom on the plane. I took my time in there stripping him down, wiping him off, redressing him, and just enjoying being out of our seats. When I returned the lady had moved in front of us. She said she saw the empty seat and thought I might enjoy an extra seat to help Joshua sleep. I put a blanket on the seat and put Joshua down and covered him up with another blanket. He held on to my fingers and slept the entire flight! I continued my prayer just to be sure. We landed and I held baby in one arm and gathered the car seat and opened up the stroller. I won't lie I was beginning to feel like super mom. We went to baggage claim and there was Matt all smiles. Joshua instantly started laughing and smiling. The two boys in my life carried on with each other while we collected our bags. I know Matt was only gone a week but I just like being with him. I could have stayed home but with no job and no real reason to stay behind it felt silly to miss out. It feels good to be all together as a family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay! Glad you had a good experience. I'm sure you looked like super mom unfolding that stroller and hauling your stuff around the airport ;) Gavin thought the airplane bathroom was hilarious every time...Come back soon, we miss you guys!
Glad to hear the trip went well. I was thinking about you last week--that would be stressful being by yourself with the little guy!
Post a Comment