The Cutest Blog on the Block

Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday Finds and Fun

Today started with a Lake Carolina exercise routine, a little time on the Wii, and getting ready for a BUSY day. Matt and I met his mom and sister out at the Sandhills Mall area for a fun day. We started with a movie. We saw the third mummy movie...we all decided that if they were going for a comedy with really bad acting then it was a good movie. It was so cheesy! Then we had a great lunch at Five Guys. Next it was time for a little shopping (Matt was thrilled). I found some great deals at my favorite store Ann Taylor Loft. Mama T split some of the cost of these great finds which was GREATLY APPRECIATED. We ended our afternoon with some ice cream. We had so much fun with our family. There were lots of laughs...I couldn't think of a better way to spend a Friday afternoon.

Modeling my new dress for school

An early birthday present from Mama T-so thoughtful so I can have it for the start of school.


Afterwards we raced home to finish making meatballs and little smokies for Al's 30th birthday party. Alyssa, his wife, went to great lengths to keep the secret. She was successful and Al was so surprised. We spent the evening visiting and enjoying more good food. Tomorrow will definitely be a day of running and possibly no eating....It was worth it!

2 comments:

theSwensenFamily said...

I am so jealous! I totally want that Vera Bradley bag! I love that print. I have my eye on the hipster but my Mom has this bucket tote and won't settle for anything else! So cute! I love back-to-school shopping and of course, the fashion show! Love it all!

Alyssa said...

I really love that dress! I think it's great how they put to totally different prints together and it works so well. Thanks again for making those meatballs!