We had Nani and PopPop come to visit us Labor Day weekend. The boys enjoyed dancing with Nani and riding on PopPop.
We went to Ocean Springs to eat Donuts and explore the downtown market. We added some pretty photographs to our walls taken by a local photographer. Joshua talked to Nani about EVERY detail involving school and then asked her to repeat it back to him at the end. He may or may not live with a teacher! :-) The boys added the airplane stickers to their walls so we can now say their room is complete!
There was lots of visiting, laughing, and smiling.
These boys are such great friends! Our street is starting to fill up and the neighbors are putting up a fence. The boys were fascinated by this project. I loved capturing the two of them staring and chatting about the project.
The boys love our yard and our new life here in Mississippi. We had fun going on a "bear" hunt one evening.
More construction. Nathan initiated the cheering and Joshua joined in. The boys pointed, cheered, and clapped for the guys dumping and spreading the dirt at the lot a few houses down from ours.
Matt has been teaching the boys how to play football, soccer, and baseball. He's a good Dad and the boys love every minute with him.
We had Julia and my Dad come to visit us. They left Thursday after work and drove straight here. So, they actually were here when the boys woke up on Friday. We got ready to go and took everyone to eat delicious food at the Half Shell Oyster House. We can only afford it at lunch prices so early arrival was key! :-)
My Dad spent a lot of time just hanging out with the kids in the playroom.
Julia read lots of books and gave all of us haircuts!
We grilled out and had an intense water fight. Somehow the hose was involved and Nathan was set loose with it by the end of the fight.
Saturday we spent the morning at the beach. We saw a jellyfish and Joshua jumped into Julia's arms. Thankfully she was able to catch him!
Saturday afternoon Julia, Joshua, and I went to a little festival 5 minutes from our house. It was small and a short visit but everything is better when you can get an icee! Julia stole Joshua away for a little exploration of a train museum and one-on-one time. They had fun and Joshua was very impressed by all the legos!
Julia, Rachel, and Dad walked a different beach every evening. We have always enjoyed the beach!
On Saturday evening, the boys earned breakfast for the family. They were so cute! Joshua was not his usual self ( I think the costume helped him transform) because he actually walked in and said, "Arrrgh, give me all your doughnuts!" Nathan too did an "Arrgh" and we walked out with two dozen doughnuts!
Sunday, Joshua and I had our Primary Program. The kids sang beautifully and Joshua had his part memorized again this year. I was a proud Mom and a proud chorister.
Monday, I had a doctor's appointment (still trying to get everything balanced out so my healthy lifestyle will actually be reflected once again by my body). Dad and Julia stayed around until I got back. Lots of hugs and kisses and Nathan was adamant that no one was leaving but unfortunately responsibility calls. Can't wait until they can come again.
We went to a free night at the Children's Museum here and a free festival called Anchor Fest. I think time is flying by each month because we had two weekends of company and there seems to always be something free and fun to check out!
Nathan was an expert in this wheelchair. Yes, this was apart of the exhibit.
Anchorfest- live music, fun exhibits, boats, and building bird houses
Now, I am enjoying another Sunday with my family. I love these boys so much.
Time is marching on. Life isn't perfect even if it appears that way in pictures. We still have our daily trials and challenges but I am trying my best to always see and focus on the good. The more you focus on the good; the less important the bad actually seems.
No comments:
Post a Comment