We arrived in Mississippi on Saturday, July 4th. We actually left San Antonio on the 3rd. I was so glad that we decided to spend the night in a hotel in LA. It was a busy busy drive. I didn't anticipate how many people would actually have the 3rd off since the 4th fell on a Saturday. The roads were packed and keeping our 3 car caravan was a pain. Saturday morning we got up and drove the hour and a half to MS. We stopped in Gulfport which is about 20 minutes from our new home. We have Prime Outlets just like in Gaffney, SC. Home sweet home!
Nathan walking with his PopPop. He loves Nani but he LOVES PopPop.
We got everything moved from our vehicles into our temporary home on base. We aren't sure how long we will be here before we close on our house. We took things with us to make us comfortable and also we took a lot of the things that the movers won't move. We found corners and closets for everything because I can't handle clutter and mess. I am very happy in our temporary home.
We explored the Exchange on the Air Force Base. Nathan decided that they needed to sleep. I love when he squeezes his eyes closed.
We went out to eat.
We walked to a parking lot on Keesler to watch the fireworks that were being shot off by the city of Biloxi on the beach.
Saturday night though I had some tears with the new city and lots of changes in my life lately. It is nice but it isn't San Antonio or South Carolina. I had many moments where I thought, "Toto, we aren't Kansas anymore." This will be good but there are still question marks in my life.
We explored our new grocery store on base.
Nathan asked for Grover. I guess I should introduce him to Sesame Street. He is in love and this is his new sleeping friend.
We said goodbye to Nani and PopPop Monday morning. We did some exploring of our new area.
Nathan loves the ocean/bay.
Nathan told Joshua to come here and tried to lead him out.
The ocean is minutes from the base and absolutely beautiful. We also love these beautiful trees! It is gorgeous here.
Tuesday, we took the kids to the splashpad on base. Apparently, there are several splashpads around the city.
Enjoyed dollar day bowling on base as well
We are all enjoying our new temporary home in Mississippi. We think we are going to love this city and can't wait to get into our actual home. Joshua has been wanting to invite his friends from Texas over for a sleepover. I think he is struggling a bit with all of the changes lately. I am looking forward to going to our new church on Sunday and hopefully making new friends soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment