I love my mom, and I love my mother-in-law. It is truly a privilege to be their daughter. I think of my mom and my mother-in-law often as I am now a mom too.
I love being a mom myself! It is what I have wanted my whole life. I chose my career based on my desire to be a mom. That's probably one of the reasons that my fertility issues came as such a kick in the gut. This little boy made me a mom first.
This little bundle of joy made me a mom again and filled my heart in places that I didn't even know were empty. Mother's Day left me smiling and teary-eyed all day. I thought of my days of longing for both boys. I thought of the miracle of pregnancy and the miracle of adoption. I am so grateful of the sacrifice made and the trust placed by Nathan's birth family for me to be Nathan's mom. I am also overwhelmed by the trust my loving Father in Heaven placed for me to be the mother of both of His boys.
Rachel isn't my daughter, but she lives with me and lets me boss her around like she is my kid. I love her too! She helped Matt and the boys make my day special. We played games, ate yummy food, and enjoyed each other's company. There were flowers, cards, and paper hearts with messages galore. I felt very loved and appreciated.



No comments:
Post a Comment