January has flown by for us. Here are the highlights.
I love getting people to pay for experiences for the boys versus toys (they get those too trust me). Grandma bought tickets for the Amazing Jump. The boys had a blast in this indoor trampoline park.
Joshua had been complaining about not being able to see far away. We took him to the eye doctor and it was confirmed. He only wears them currently for watching movies. He will need them in the fall for school.
We picked up Rachel from the airport on Matt's birthday. I think they missed her the three weeks she was in SC.
Family game time
Friends reunited! Roxy started coming again in January!
Nathan has decided that she is his friend too.
Nani bought the boys passes to an indoor inflatable place. The boys loved it!
Rachel was conned into quarters to the merry-go-round. These boys sure are loved!
We are trying to facetime in this picture. This is quite a challenge these days because Nathan nor Joshua want to share the ipad. Matt has been in Dallas for three weeks and has one more to go. We are not doing so well with facetime except for at dinner time when no one can touch it. :-)
More fun with our friend Roxy. Nathan had been all about Roxy that morning so I think Joshua wanted to win her back.
This arrangement never moved...hahaha
Joshua got to have his friend Ethan over! The boys had a blast but Nathan wanted Joshua to himself and they played in Joshua's bedroom most of the morning.
After 2 weeks away from Matt we really wanted to have fun that Saturday when he returned. We took the family to see the next show in our Majik theater season pass. We enjoyed Pinkalicious and once again I was amazed at Nathan's ability to sit through these performances. Church obviously needs to step up the game! :-)
Following the show, we explored the Japanese Tea Gardens. It was such a beautiful day in San Antonio. I love this time of year here!
It is always fun trying to figure out how to get Nathan to eat healthy. He loves smoothies.
The clean up of a smoothie...
Decided we needed to get out and do Chick Fil A one day especially with no Matt around....
Boys had so much fun with this squishy stuff found in the dollar section
One day at "school"
I love being a mom
January was a pretty good month. We had a lot of sunny days to play outside here in San Antonio. We have survived without Matt but we sure do miss him. I am grateful that he has come home two out of the three weekends. We have had snotty noses and spent some time quarantined. This month has reminded me though of how much I love having Rachel around. Sometimes she works a lot for others which is a good thing but just having another adult around some of the time is so much easier and nicer than those month rotations when I have done it solo.
1 comment:
So much fun!! Miss you guys. Can't wait until Spring Break!!!!
Post a Comment