The Cutest Blog on the Block

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Spring Break With Jessi and Peter

We are in a season of life where spring break doesn't exist anymore.  I no longer teach school and Matt works every week of the year.  Joshua doesn't attend school so spring break doesn't mean much to us except for the fact that Jessi and Peter came to play during THEIR spring break.

Matt's little sister was married in December this past year.  The wedding was our first time meeting our new brother so needless to say we need to get to know our new family member.  They decided to drive from Utah to visit with us in San Antonio.  We were thrilled!  Matt was on night shift during their week here but I think he may have seen them more because of it. He would come home and we would all see each other for a few minutes before he was slipping of to sleep.  Jessi and I would throw in some exercise because that is just what we do.  :-)  Joshua would then eat breakfast again.  (He basically decides he is hungry each time a new person is eating at the table.)  We would then all get ready for the day, go on some type of adventure, come home put Joshua down for a little rest, and then wake up Matt.  We would visit for a few hours, eat dinner, send Matt off to work, and instead of a quiet house I stayed up until midnight every night chatting.  I am exhausted!  These children wore me out.  :-)

I did sneak in a little rest because J and P also went on some of their own adventures.  They went to Six Flags, 2 trips downtown, and a little temple date.

They also watched J on Friday night which is Matt's night off from night shift so we could go to the temple together.

We also had a friend watch little man and we all went and played laser tag together!

We spent one afternoon outside throwing around a frisbee too.  It was so beautiful the whole week here.  They were thrilled to wear shorts all week especially considering they came through snow to see us.

There was of course good food to be eaten as well.  We of course took them to eat Chick Fil A, Mexican, and Rudy's BBQ. Chick Fil A may seem lame but they love it and don't have one in their town.   Plus, we made lasagna together at home and Jessi and I continued our tradition of trying a new dessert recipe together.  It was delicious!  Peter shared a family favorite of his one dinner as well.  I am a southern woman so I tried to have a stocked house full of things we don't normally splurge on but I wanted them to feel special.  

This trip also included shopping.  Peter stayed home twice while Jessi and I went shopping!  I was really at a loss to remember the last time I have gone someplace during the daytime without my sidekick.  It was really nice.  (I love you Joshua.)

We also watched movies, played games, and talked each other's ears off.  I think I can say that everyone enjoyed the visit together.  Come on back anytime guys!  Peter we are grateful to have you as apart of our family.
Peter babysitting....just kidding this was their first day at our house.  He had accomplished quite a bit of driving to see us.  

           Frisbee playing.  Joshua learned how to catch really well but throwing the frisbee well......

                                      Lots of napping....college is tough.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, goodness. We are zonked out in that picture :) We really enjoyed our week with y'all. Love you and miss you!