The Cutest Blog on the Block

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving and other updates

Did I mention that Joshua was pulling himself up now? He has been enjoying this trick for the last couple of weeks now. It is exciting for him but it has also led to some bumps to the head as he topples over.
We couldn't capture a smile here even though believe it or not he had some at church today. Joshua is a little reserved out in public. Alyssa snapped this picture for us but it is just so hard to capture those baby faces with a regular camera....those 3-4 seconds make a difference.


We are blessed. I am truly in the best season of my life and enjoying my favorite season of the year.

Matt, Joshua, and I went to my hometown to visit with my family for the Thanksgiving holiday. We went the day before and I helped my mom cook. We got up early on Thanksgiving day and went to my ward's annual ultimate frisbee game. I had so much fun playing since last year I chose to sit out being pregnant and all. It wasn't that I was physically unable last year but I was still puking on a regular basis and overall just not feeling it. We had a blast playing and I even impressed Matt with my throwing and catching abilities. I was able to catch an interception and everything! Matt was of course a rock star on the field. Everyone knows him now and always wants Matt on their team.

We had Thanksgiving at a new location this year since my great-grandmother no longer lives alone in her old house. This is the place I've enjoyed every holiday since birth so it was bittersweet but we were still all together which is what matters. My uncle's new house will be the new location and it was just perfect. He has a wrap around porch so the front and back doors were basically left open with a steady flow of people visiting inside and outside. There was food, visiting, and music. It was a wonderful time.

Saturday the Turek clan stopped by our place on their way back from GA. We had another Thanksgiving meal at our house. I used my china which is always fun for me. :-) I love to entertain people. We had a nice visit with them as well.

Who am I kidding though the obvious star of all of our visits was Joshua. I am slowly accepting the fact that I am now Joshua's mom and Joshua's ride. He has a lot of grandparents and great grandparents that just love to absorb every minute they can of our little guy. I am thankful for that too. It is nice to be loved and to see your child loved.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

The pic looks good despite Joshua's lack of smile--love the sepia filter! I am now second guessing my decision not to dive into a DSLR...
Ha Ha, Joshua's ride :)

Monica&Kevin said...

I love the picture of you guys! It's okay, it's tough getting them to smile on cue ;) Miss you guys alot! I can't believe Joshua is already pulling up! That's awesome!